Wednesday, June 30, 2010

"Dreams Do Come True"


Recently I had a chance to chat with one of My College dolls who is the Owner of Imperfect Concepts. This doll is just on FIRE ,,, Watch out World :)


Describe for us who Tasha Robinson is and what you do for a living.
Tasha: I am my father's child. Lol but no really I am really goofy, geeky and beyond obsessed with fashion. My 9-5 is my company, Imperfect Concepts. Well, its not really a 9-5 it's more of a 24/7/365 since I get no days off. I live, breath and eat my company. Imperfect Concepts is an online high end women's resale boutique.


You own your own store, how did it all get started?
Tasha: It started out at Southern University, if you want to go way back to the origins LOL. But no really, I have always wanted my own store. From a very young age, I knew I wanted to run my own business and not work for someone else. The store actually came to fruition 'cause I was frustrated with my life and where I was and where I actually wanted to be. I embarked on opening my store in March of 2009 by doing research and consluting with friends and family. Finally, on 7/11/2009 my store opened for business. So, the store's 1 year anniversary is around the corner, and I am extremely proud to say I have realized one of my life long goals!


Where do you see yourself in five years?
Tasha: I honestly don't think about the future. I live in the present and marvel at the presents the universe has given me. But to answer the question I would love to move to another state (I currently reside in Texas), still be running my store, and be married an awesome guy.


Any advise you'd give young girls to pursue their dreams?
Tasha: Follow your dreams; don’t let negative energy bother you. Do what makes you happy, and never settle when you deserve better. In the words of Amy DuBois Barnett "Get Yours."


Name one thing that you don't ever leave the house without having first.
Tasha: My iphone, it handles my personal life and my business world... LOL.


Any advise when it comes to shopping on a budget?
Tasha: First, go through your closet and see what you actually need. Then make a list of those things. Have a budget for each item on the list. Then I would say shop online. I personally use Shop Style when hunting for merchandise before I hit the stores. They show you the item you want with hundereds of stores who carry it so you can get the best
price. Also, shop during the week. The store is more likely to give you discounts because there are fewer shoppers. Finally shop ALONE. When shopping with friends we are more keen to buy items we don't need or that are out of our budget.


Lastly, what quote/proverb do you live by?
Tasha: I have several quotes around my house along with positive affirmations. My role model, Kimora Lee Simmons, taught me to say them
(positive affirmations) daily and strategically place them around the house so I can see them to motivate me.
"Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole
staircase." - MLK Jr. (on my desk)
"Not one ounce of myself worth depends on your acceptance of me."
Quincy Jones (Screen Saver on my iphone)
The Mantra I live by is: Live. Laugh. Love
I have hundrerds but those are the 3 I live by and love =)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for interviewing me girlie. Great piece kinda bias cause is about me but thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete